Poster Contest Guideline
The Celebration of World Languages offers the Poster Contest that is open to K-12 students learning a foreign language at their schools. The posters are a demonstration of student understanding of the importance and uses for learning new languages!
Posters must be RECEIVED by the Event Coordinator by March 27, 2020. The winners will be announced during the stage program on April 11, 2020.
*All posters become the property of The Celebration of World Languages and will not be returned. Permission to use poster or poster image and the name of the school and of the student is granted with submission of the entry.
1. Posters must include the theme of National Foreign Language Week: "Unity in Diversity”
2. Each poster must be the original work of one student; no group entries.
3. Posters should measure at least 12 X 18 inches and no larger than 24 X 36.
4. Any art materials may be used such as watercolor, pen and ink, crayon, chalk, or markers.
Winning posters will be reproduced and reprinted; Clear artwork and easy to read messages are best.
Markers or paint are preferred for best color.
5. **Primary captions and the majority of poster dialogue, text, or writing MUST BE in target language, and artwork should represent the target language cultures in a prominent way.
6. All posters must be the student’s original, creative artwork, including illustrations, images, or quotations. Depictions of cartoon, video game, and movie and/or theme characters, television characters, and past poster designs do not constitute creativity and originality. ABSOLUTELY NO COPYRIGHTED images, figures, or wording are to be used. Our organization holds no liability for copyright infringement.
7. JUDGING CRITERIA: Posters will be judged based on rubric which is posted on right side of this page
8. Each poster must be accompanied by the Student Information Form; TAPE form to the back of the poster.
9. Winning posters will be displayed on the Event Website, showcased at the event on April 11,2020 and reprinted as necessary.
10. Package posters flat (not rolled or folded) and mail posters to our Event Coordinator.
Middle School (6--‐8)
High School (9--‐12)
MAIL YOUR POSTERS TO : EVENT COORDINATOR, CELEBRATION OF WORLD LANGUAGES
9212 N Kelley Ave, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73131
DON'T FORGET TO ATTACH STUDENT INFORMATION FORM WHICH IS POSTED ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PAGE TO YOUR POSTER.
1st place in each division $100.00
2nd place in each division $75.00
3rd place in each division $50.00