Poster Contest Guideline
The Celebration of World Languages offers the Poster Contest that is open to K-12 students learning a foreign language at their schools. The posters are a demonstration of student understanding of the importance and use for learning new languages!
Posters must be RECEIVED by the Event Coordinator by March 25, 2022. The winners will be announced during the stage program on April 1, 2022.
All posters become the property of The Celebration of World Languages and will not be returned. Permission to use poster or poster image and the name of the school and if the student is granted with submission of the entry.
1. Posters must include the theme of National Foreign Language Week: “Language & culture build connection and friendships.”
2. Each poster must be the original work of one student; no group entries.
3. Posters should measure at least 12 X 18 inches and no larger than 24 X 36.
4. Any art materials may be used such as watercolor, pen and ink, crayon, chalk, or markers.
Winning posters will be reproduced and reprinted; Clear artwork and easy-to-read messages are best.
Markers or paint are preferred for the best color.
5. **Primary captions and the majority of poster dialogue, text, or writing MUST BE in the target language, and artwork should represent the target language cultures in a prominent way.
6. All posters must be the student’s original, creative artwork, including illustrations, images, or quotations. Depictions of cartoon, video game, movie and/or theme characters, television characters, and past poster designs do not constitute creativity and originality. ABSOLUTELY NO COPYRIGHTED images, figures, or wording are to be used. Our organization holds no liability for copyright infringement.
7. JUDGING CRITERIA: Posters will be judged based on the rubric which is posted on the right side of this page
8. Each poster must be accompanied by the Student Information Form; TAPE form to the back of the poster.
9. Winning posters will be displayed on the Event Website, showcased at the event on April 1, 2022, and reprinted as necessary.
10. Package posters flat (not rolled or folded) and mail posters to our Event Coordinator.
Middle School (6--‐8)
High School (9--‐12)
EMAIL YOUR POSTERS TO: EVENT COORDINATOR, CELEBRATION OF WORLD LANGUAGES
MAIL YOUR POSTER TO: 7202 S I-35 Service Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73149
DON'T FORGET TO ATTACH THE STUDENT INFORMATION FORM WHICH IS POSTED ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PAGE TO YOUR POSTER.
Note: Please note that the requested participant number may not be less than designated minimum amount of contestants in each category.
We will need at least designated minimum amount of contestants to take place the competition in each category and division.